Sorry for the week-long absence. Between school and work and everything else, updating hasn't been happening as much as it should. Some quick random stuff that I've been sitting on for a little while.
-First things first, an announcement regarding the much-delayed Viva La Mainstream radio show. A series of technical glitches have kept us off the air until recently. As of right now, the projected launchdate is next Tuesday from 4-6. Tune in to radio.arcadia.edu at that time for VLM's first radio broadcast.
-For the past week at the bottom of the page there's been an eCard promoting Dashboard Confessional's new album The Shade of Poison Trees, which hit stores today. The album has also been streaming on their MySpace page. I played a few tracks from it, and its definitely a throwback to the earlier, The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most-era stuff. Holding off on hearing the whole thing until I buy the full album. In addition, earlier today I came across a collection of tracks called Wiretapes, Vol. 1. It's an 11-track covers album that Chris Carrabba is apparently making available while on his solo tour; the source from whence I got it suggested it might be the first in a series of covers albums. Haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but looking forward to hearing Chris Carrabba do Weezer's emo classic "El Scorcho".
-Last week My Chemical Romance announced that they would release two more singles from The Black Parade. For added fun the videos for both albums would be directed by frontman Gerard Way. No word on which tracks are to be released, but my votes are for "This is How I Disappear" and "Disenchanted". Way also announced that bassist/brother Mikey Way would be rejoining the band on its next tour this fall.
-Linkin Park recently shot a video for "Shadow of the Day", the third single from Minutes to Midnight. As usual, Joe Hahn is directing. You may remember "Shadow of the Day" as the track that at first listen was the spitting image of U2's "With or Without You". Why has no one put together this mashup yet?
-In the interest of balance, I ruckused 50 Cent's Curtis, just to see if maybe it had something to offer itself. With the exception of leadoff "My Gun Go Off" the Justin Timberlake-assisted "Ayo Technology", I didn't find anything terribly exciting about it. If it wasn't clear yet, Advantage: Kanye.
Ruling on the Field: 4/10
-I'm currently listening to Still Feels Good, the new album from country-pop outfit Rascal Flatts. I wouldn't call myself a huge country fan, but as country goes, this isn't nearly as offensive to my intelligence as some artists (looking at you, Jack Ingram). Still not getting the same amount of play that other stuff is seeing though.
Ruling on the Field: 5/10
-That's all for now. More tomorrow.
==TJ==

1 comment:
Great work.
Post a Comment