Saturday, July 26, 2008

Take Out the Trash Day

The Chris Cornell song doesn't officially drop until this Tuesday, so I'll have a HQ copy of it then. However, adding evidence to my Timbaland is a thief conspiracy, Tim just announced plans for a follow up to Shock Value. Odds "Long Gone w/ Chris Cornell" shows up on it; 10:1.

In the meantime, some other goodies to make up for my weeklong absence.

Micro-Buttered Popcorn will have a new post later tonight, pretty much centered on the Watchmen trailer that debuted in front of Dark Knight. In conjunction with that, the song that is featured in the trailer.

The Smashing Pumpkins - The End is the Beginning is the End


(Trivia Question of the Day: "TEITBITE" was originally on the soundtrack for what other superhero movie?)

Coldplay currently has a track left off Viva La Vida available for download on their website. "Death Will Never Conquer" is pretty much meant as an exit for the album a la the outro from The Killers' Sam's Town.

Coldplay - Death Will Never Conquer

Last.fm updated their site, and now scrobbling/adding to charts and stats takes place in real time, rather than whatever system they used previously that added things as needed. Thus I can say with certainty that (thanks to another goofy glitch shortly before the update), the Gin Blossoms are the newest entrant in my Top 10 Artists.

Gin Blossoms - Soul Deep [iTunes]

This means I'll be doing last.fm related posts more frequently, including one later today/tomorrow if I get lazy.

I'm posting this reluctantly since it's my primary source of music income right now, but JamsBio is hosting a contest where you can win $10 iTunes gift cards and enter to win an iTouch. I'm already up 30 bucks in gift cards and thanks to unlimited entry probably have like 15 entries to win an iTouch. Go check it out.

Back later.

==TJ==

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

re: Pumpkins - that would be Batman and Robin.....

happy to see the GBs top ten, where they belong...

always dug Soul Deep....pretty good for a "soundtrack throwaway."

Spaceboy said...

the track behind the 'watchmen' trailer is actually the "the beginning is the end is the beginning" .. similar, but slower. also from batman and robin.