Monday, February 5, 2007

In Search of Some Rest...

Current Music: Carbon Leaf - What About Everything?

A couple of news stories I saw on Billboard today that made me all kinds of happy:

-Linkin Park is currently wrapping up the mixing process on its new album and is saying that the first single from their fourth album will be released sometime next month. Producer Rick Rubin is excited for the new release, saying this album takes the band places they've never gone before. Citing Pink Floyd and Emerson, Lake & Palmer as influences, the album appears to be a massive departure from the formulaic rap-rock that dominated 2000's Hybrid Theory and 2003's Meteora. The haters can say all they want about LP being washed up; I am 8 different shades of excited for this.

-The Beatles and Apple have apparently struck a deal that will end the ongoing lawsuit tied to Apple's trademark violations. The Apple Music group (owner of the Beatles' music) sued the Apple Computer Corporation (makers of the iPod) for breaching part of a previous settlement that forbade Apple Computers from getting involved in music. The deal allows Apple to continue to operate iTunes and use its logo, and could be the final obstacle in allowing Beatles music to be sold on iTunes. About freakin' time.

And I don't feel like doing a huge thing on it, but the Eagles are eyeing a spring release date for their new album, the first new LP since 1979's The Long Run.

That's all. I've got a rant built up in me, I'll probably post it by the end of the week (and other famous last words...)

==TJ==

No comments: