I owe you guys an update seeings how I was in London for a week, so let's get started:
-I may or may not have written about a Scottish band called The Automatic on this blog. I've been playing their song "Monster" on my radio show (which you had all better listen to) pretty frequently. Their debut album entitled Not Accepted Anywhere is an up-and-comer in England, but we Americans no very little about the band, as the album is not yet available. This, however, will soon change. In a report courtesy of NME, Not Accepted Anywhere will be released stateside on June 26. The release will coincide with The Automatic's appearance on the Van's Warped Tour. The band won't be playing in Philly anytime soon, but to keep you amused till then, I can offer you "Monster" and their much sought after cover of Kanye West's "Golddigger"
Monster
Goldigger
In other British band news, The Horrors, another not-yet-known group here in the states, were involved in an altercation at a bar in Allston, MA, and were forced to end their set early. The Boston Herald reported that frontman Faris Badwan smashed a bust of Elvis on the floor during their set. Badwan alleges that a doorman was rude to him and a fan and spat in his face prior to the set. Later this week I'm gonna get my friend Danielle Reicherter, who knows the band and has a very...unique...perspective on this story to offer her account.
Lastly, in a followup to my last post, the first 30 seconds of the new Linkin Park single are playing when you first go to the band's website. The clip was available for download after approximately 8 nanoseconds, and images of the band's new logo are also online here. The new album entitled Minutes to Midnight hits stores May 15th, and the single "What I've Done" will be released on April 2nd.
Intro to "What I've Done"
That's all. I'll be back later this week, I promise.
==TJ==
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
hey! Is this Scotish band the same one who did the soundtrack for The Departed? I've got the song on my page on myspace.com/k3ll3y - they don't give the name of the band. I haven't listened to the guys you're talking about yet but will once I remember to bring me' earphones with me when going to the library.
Did you find/discover any local bands/artists while you were on break?
-Kelley
Kelley,
"I'm Shipping Up To Boston" is not The Automatic, it's actually the Dropkick Murphys. For added fun, Dropkick Murphys aren't actually from Scotland or Ireland...they're from Boston. Awesome song though.
And those were pretty much the closest thing to new bands I found on Spring Break.
==TJ==
The Automatic aren't Scottish. They're Welsh. Scotland just plays 'Monster' entirely too much.
Oh, and also, could you not put my last name in your blog and especially on other blog's comments? I'm okay with my first name being mentioned, but I honestly don't need any more stalkers. Sorry, but I seriously already have a few fangirls trying to give me Josh's phone number and stuff, which I don't even have. I'm not THAT close with them.
Post a Comment