Back home for a week of break (which may or may not be considered Spring Break, given the weather). Not much to talk about just yet, but remember I'm devoting next week to new and/or underground artists. If you are/know of such a group and want me to talk about them, drop me a message. In the meantime:
=New Link on the Left for Sheena Beaston, a fellow music blogger that writes about anything and everything across her desk. Go check it out, let her know what you think (and look for an interview with VLM on that site in the near future).
=It took till the first full week of March for their to be a new #1 single on the Hot 100 in 2008. This week saw the interminable reign of Flo Rida's "Low" come to an end at the hands of Usher's first new track in 4 years "Love In This Club". When reached for comment, fellow R&B star Chris Brown was seen cursing under his breath, saying something about being "thwarted again".
=I went into the radio station earlier this week and was "blessed" with the sound of that Miley Cyrus song. Despite my expectations, hearing it didn't make me want to punch a child the same way other Disney acts do. Don't take that to mean I like the song, but it wasn't pure evil either.
=Courtesy of i guess i'm floating: OAR and Robert Randolph covering what is quickly becoming my favorite Led Zeppelin song
OAR - Fool in the Rain [i guess i'm floating]
=I think that's all for now. I'll have both substantial posts and a Weekend WTF sometime in the next 48 hours.
==TJ==



No comments:
Post a Comment