So I've been thinking about trying to do a running diary of tonight's American Idol results show when we prove once and for all that the whole damn thing's rigged, but I haven't decided yet. Over the course of all seven seasons of Idol, I estimate I've watched about 20 minutes of the show (about 15 of those minutes came when I discovered the awesome that is Chris Daughtry...and no, I'm not ashamed to say that). Furthermore, I question how much I really want to help FOX keep its chokehold on America with this dreck. And lastly, I'm currently in the middle of my second play-through of David Cook's independent release Analog Heart, which popped up on one of my forums after being pulled from AmazonMP3.
Let's get one thing straight; nothing on Analog Heart is particularly original. If it were, Cook wouldn't be trying to garner success on a reality show right now. Snarky comparisons to 90s post-grunge bands are in fact accurate. But with rock and roll music increasingly catering to either a) looks and aesthetic (See Also: Seether), or b) overall weirdness and rejection of the expected (See Also: Vampire Weekend...ugh), it's good to see David Cook focus more on the crafting of a song and making something has some tune and fun, even if it means some blatant worship of Collective Soul, Soundgarden, and the like. If you're willing to take a look at it, there's actually some potentially great material on Analog Heart.
Ruling on the Field: 6.5/10
David Cook - Straight Ahead
Eat that, FOX. In the words of the newly revived Pretty Much Amazing..."Yeah Bitch."
==TJ==
PS: In all likelihood there will be a running diary of tonight's Idol
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment