Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Guns N Roses Album Streaming!?!??!??!!!

Bear in mind that everything I post in this entry is subject to change at a moment's notice, and the authenticity of this post's content remains in question. That said, Chinese Democracy, the perpetually delayed "new" Guns N Roses album may be not only complete, but streaming online.

Idolator broke the story about an hour ago, saying that Antiquiet had a finished copy of the album streaming from their website. On top of that, Antiquiet claims it is worth a wait, though perhaps not 15 years. Unfortunately as of right now the site has pulled the stream, citing technical difficulties, but it could well be back up in the not-too-distant future.

Fingers crossed, people. Back soon.

==TJ==

Update: The folks at Antiquiet have posted this within the last couple hours:

So as I reported earlier, I personally got a phone call from a guy in the Guns N’ Roses camp. He wasn’t a jerk, but he made it very clear that what I did today was very uncool. And you know what, in hindsight, I am sorry. I got caught up in the moment. Apparently these tracks were already “out there” when we posted them, but we were the first to broadcast them through a streaming audio player, and I really shouldn’t have done that.

I may face legal issues for this one. Wish me luck. In the meantime, I’m closing comments down for this post, and I removed the rapidshare link to the MP3s that was posted there (not by us).


So that's that. Apparently these weren't terribly new. And a word to the GNR rep: Let Antiquiet off the hook. He's apologized, and clearly he's just as rabid for the album to finally come out as anyone who's downloaded, heard, or even looked at a story about the album's progress in the last year. Let Antiquiet live, and get to work on releasing the album!!

==TJ==

No comments: