Clearly some people just couldn't stand to wait the last few hours before Linkin Park released "What I've Done", the first single from Minutes to Midnight. With only 60 more minutes to midnight on April 2nd, the song has found it's way onto the internet. I don't have an mp3 of it available yet as I'm on a foreign laptop that doesn't have the proper recording software, but I can offer you this youtube link of the song. The video I found has lyrics (misspelled, but there nonetheless) and some random pictures that may or may not be officialI've been listening to it every few minutes, and I honestly think its lived up to all the hype that the band has built up for it. Much more poetic than anything they've done before, and the lack of Mike Shinoda's rapping is noticed, but not felt. It's official; my hopes for Minutes to Midnight are up in the stratosphere now. May 15th can't come soon enough.
I'll be back tomorrow with an mp3 of this. Yes, I know I still owe you tracks from Cassadaga and a few other goodies, and I promise them all when I'm on my own computer tomorrow. Till then enjoy.
==TJ==
Update: Kevipod and Idolator saved me the trouble of ripping my own copy of the track, so all I have to do is sendspace it and everyone's happy. Idolator had a jolly old time bashing this track to shreds, but then again most music blogs are at the point where if a song doesn't feature Bright Eyes, Timbaland, or Arcade Fire, it's relegated to the crap bin. Viva la Mainstream!!



No comments:
Post a Comment