Monday, May 7, 2007

Axl Rose : Chinese Democracy as Amy Lee : ...

I know I promised a Minutes to Midnight review, and that's still coming later tonight, but I want to give the album another couple spins before I make a final call. In the meantime a few bits of news from the past couple days.

-Linkin Park and My Chemical Romance are headlining the 2007 edition of the Projekt Revolution tour, with Placebo, Saosin and a couple of other no-names slated to be on the tour as well. Chester Bennington held a press conference earlier today with details, but no site has come forward with details yet. An unconfirmed report from Blabbermouth.net says the tour will come to the Tweeter Center in Camden on August 25th.

-Evanescence is down a drummer and a guitarist. Amy Lee, the heavy-handed, gothy lead singer reported that Rocky Gray and John Lecompt were ready to move on, but in a bitter MySpace blog entry (now blocked) Lecompt described an angry cell phone call from Lee which ultimately ended with him being fired. These departures mean that Amy Lee is the only original member of the band remaining. Is it too early to start making Guns N Roses comparisons?

-Speaking of which, another member of the GN'R camp is about to get fired. Over the weekend at least two more tracks from the mythical Chinese Democracy album leaked. "There Was A Time" and the title track both found there way onto the internet, and if a report from idolator is any indication, as many as 6 more tracks could leak in the very near future. Is this a real leak, or has the recent lawsuit caused Axl Rose to adopt alternative methods of releasing the album?

Ok that's all till I get back with that review. In the meantime, kindly take note of the fact that Axl Rose is 45 years old.

==TJ==

No comments: