Monday, April 14, 2008

Playing Catch-Up

Shame on me for not posting for a full week. More shame upon me for it being April 14th and having only posted 5 times this month. I promise a flurry of posts in the coming days.

I listened to the Accidental Demos last week, and I think the general consensus has been pretty accurate. Nothing earth-shattering, except for the potential hit in "With A Little Bit of Luck", but certainly at least on par with the rest of My December. If these tracks got cut off the album by Clive Davis, then he deserves to be punched in the face.

And for the record, I did do as I promised and deleted the demos from my computer upon listening to them.

Follow-ups to 2 stories I've posted previously:
-Last week Green Day confirmed that they were indeed The Foxboro Hot Tubs, the garage band act whose EP has circulated around the internet since late December. Cynics were quick to point out that this confirmation followed an announcement of a FHT album dropping at the end of the month, as well as first single "Mother Mary" dropping off the charts. Both of those may be true, but I don't care. It's still good music, and a great ploy by Green Day to kill time before the new album.

(Also note some other famous side projects: Beck's Mutations, The Postal Service, and oh yeah...The Foo Fighters [the first album was planned as a one-shot)

-In the 8th inning of the Mets home opener last week, Shea Stadium honored the fans write-in campaign and played "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley. A rep later claimed that this was not the final selection, and that the official pick would be determined by fan response to other finalist tracks (the poll, he says, was to weed out the bad choices, thus implying there was a good choice). Reports suggest that the odds of a future RickRolling at Shea are slim, but alas, twas fun while it lasted.

I'll be back in a bit, just wanted to get a post up before doomsday.

==TJ==

No comments: