Thursday, June 26, 2008

European Soccer Fans Rocking Like It's 2003

Ask any official in the 2008 EURO Championships, and he'll tell you that the official song for Europe's biggest football (that's our soccer, kids) tournament is "Can You Hear Me" by Enrique Iglesias. The fans seem to have something different in mind.

Videos like this are why I LOVE European soccer fans:


Sadly that was the best video of the phenomenon I could find. Apparently "Seven Nation Army" by The White Stripes has become the de facto song for all EURO 2008 games (as well as the qualifying matches). Sure the song's 5 years old now, but when the alternative is Enrique? Look, I'll admit to owning a couple of his songs, but not exactly what I'd consider good pregame music for one of the most insane sports phenomena the world has seen.

The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army [iTunes]
(Thanks to Pirates of the Bargain Bin for posting this first and thus allowing me to come across it)

==TJ==

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, i just wanted to say what a nice blog you got there.... btw. the video of 7 nation army playing on stadium was shot before the match germany - croatia.. (me being croatian - we won!)... and also, european fans of football are amazing, and so is the football...cheers.