Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Because I'm Too Lazy To Post Anything Original Today...

The meme below has been circulating around one of my music forums, and rather than be the millionth person to post it there, I decided to transport it over here. I only do these when I think a good one crops up, so enjoy it.

1. Song from the last record bought/downloaded [legally]: Michael Jackson - Billie Jean [iTunes]
[yes, the last album I legitimately paid money for was Thriller]

2. Blues: The Animals - House of the Rising Sun [iTunes]

3. Romantic song: Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars [iTunes]

4. One of the earliest records from your collection: American Hi-Fi - Flavor of the Weak [iTunes]
[This question was originally earliest record you remember listening to, but this works better]*

5. Song discovered from a film: Tomoyasu Hotei - Battle Without Honor or Humanity [iTunes]
[First heard in Kill Bill, Vol. 1]

6. Song from a favorite band/artist: Foo Fighters - Big Me [iTunes]

7. song from an artist/band that you otherwise don't like, but this one: Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc. [iTunes]

8. Song that makes you laugh/ you find funny: Nickelback - Rockstar [iTunes]
[Hooray for unintentional comedy!!]

9. Really good cover version: Bedlight for Blue Eyes- Jumper [Third Eye Blind] [iTunes]

10. Song that reminds you of high school: Dashboard Confessional - Hands Down [iTunes]

11. Funky: Earth, Wind & Fire - September [iTunes]

12. Song for those quiet rainy days: Jars of Clay - Worlds Apart [iTunes]

13. Feel good song: Jimmy Eat World - Chase This Light [iTunes]

14. From a member of the "Dead Rockers Society": Janis Joplin - Me and Bobby McGee [iTunes]

15. Your favorite Elvis song: A Little Less Conversation [iTunes]
[Actually the only Elvis song in my collection]

16. Wildcard: Train - Meet Virginia [iTunes]
[First song up on shuffle]

*American Hi-Fi's Debut was the first album in my current collection. You have till the end of this sentence to finish judging me.

Well, now. Wasn't that fun? For the record I finally saw High Fidelity earlier today, so you might expect a few Top 5-based posts in the near future. Back soon.

==TJ==

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm tired after reading this.

I might play along on my own blog...although I've got a good amount of topics in store already.

Good tip on the 3 Doors - I'm digging it a lot.

How GREAT is High Fidelity? That movie is SO me as a music fan, and how I live life. I'm waiting/hoping for the eventual DVD special edition that has been talked about.

p.s. Thriller....was that purchase in 1983...or the re-release?

lol.