Chad Kroeger doesn't seem to be good at keeping promises. Late last year Nickelback assured the masses that it would be some time before we heard from the band again. In my exploration of Billboard's news site as I sit bored in the library, I came across the following.
New Nickelback Album Due In November
Nickelback's next studio album will arrive Nov. 18 via Roadrunner, just in time for the holiday retail season. First single "If Today Was Your Last Day" will hit U.S. radio outlets Sept. 30.
GAH!!! Who allowed this to happen? Look, I admit to being a casual Nickelback fan, but I'm still hearing all bajillion singles from
All The Right Reasons on the radio far too often. When I heard Nickelback was going away for a bit, I thought I'd be out of college before I heard a new song. I kinda wanted that to be how it was. An 18-month hiatus is nothing, especially since I bet you used that time to write and record this new album.
I was having a good night before I heard this news.
==TJ==
1 comment:
As someone that does a radio shift one day a week on the weekend, I hate knowing that the chances are good that at least one day per week for the next two years, I'll be hearing Nickelback against my will.
And, the album is being produced by Mutt Lange, so that sucker is going to be huge.
And dare I say it since it is Mutt Lange, it might even be good.
I'm so ashamed by what I just wrote.
Post a Comment