Monday, March 3, 2008

Nine Inch Nails Go Digital on New Album

As promised back in October, Nine Inch Nails have released new material exclusively through their website and is available for download or pre-order now.

The new 36-track, 2-Disc set entitled Ghosts I-IV became available last night around 9PM, shortly after an announcement about the release was posted to their official website. Reports say that within 30 minutes the site was at full capacity and users reported difficulty downloading the album.

Ghosts I-IV is available in 4 different packages: the first 9 songs are available for free as a preview of the rest of the songs. A digital copy with PDF booklet can be purchased for $5. There are 3 physical releases available for pre-order and are said to have a shipping date of April 8. There's a $10 2-CD set, a $75 deluxe edition with an extra disc and blu-ray with remixable versions of the songs, and a super-deluxe version with vinyls and autographed by Trent Reznor for a whopping $300.

I tried to download the 9-track preview (I'm tight on cash till my next paycheck...don't judge me) about 30 minutes ago, but the zip file that I was given was invalid or corrupted. Apparently NIN is still having server troubles. I'll let you know what I think as soon as I get to hear the tracks. Anyone who has heard the songs is welcome to post a comment.

Back later

==TJ==

No comments: