Since I'll probably get things thrown at me if I don't acknowledge today as St. Patrick's Day...Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone.
U2 - One [iTunes]
(Yes, I have noticed that everytime I post a U2 song it's "One". That's the only track I have that's not DRMed.)
Meanwhile, I randomly started using last.fm's radio service over the weekend. Either I had forgotten how useful that thing could be, or it got significantly better from the last time I used it. So far the best stations I've pulled have been the similar artist stations for Daughtry and Counting Crows. So, in other words, radio stations of alternative rock from my lifetime. Game on. Still trying to decide how best to mix this with VLM, but it'll come sooner or later.
Speaking of Counting Crows, I found this utterly ridiculous interview with lead singer Adam Duritz yesterday. I kinda got this sense about him just by looking at him and hearing the music, but dude is nuts. Read the interview and learn for yourself (not the most family appropriate article, so be warned). Seriously, this thing is almost Weekend WTF-worthy.
Counting Crows - 1492 [iTunes]
(from the new album, out next Tuesday)
That's it for now. Back tomorrow with who-knows-what.
==TJ==
PS: The answer to the question posed in the title of the entry is "A six-pack and a potato"

No comments:
Post a Comment