Update to last post: By Monday night I had heard several reports of people paying for the $5 download, and getting similar download problems to the one I had, which ultimately led them to pirating the album. Not exactly great publicity for NIN. But I tried again about an hour ago, and lo and behold the site was back up and running, and I'm playing through the first 9 tracks of Ghosts right now. Suffice it to say that Trent's description of the album being "music to daydream to" is quite apropos. Once I have a paycheck I'll shell out the fiver for the whole thing.
In the last week or two I've been in contact with a bunch of bands, some of whom have read VLM, others I saw live and loved, and they're all dying to be heard. So I think I'm going to dedicate next week to bands that are just below the radar screen that deserve some attention. Haven't decided what I'm going to call the series, but it'll definitely happen (I've had something like this in mothballs for awhile now). I think this is a pretty exciting time for VLM, so keep reading, and thanks to everyone for the support.
And since posting here without an mp3 is just lame on my part...
Counting Crows - Big Yellow Taxi
(One of those songs I forgot I liked so much...)
==TJ==

No comments:
Post a Comment