So based on the stats I get on web traffic here and the number of comments both on-blog and via email, I think it's safe to say that my most recent post regarding Chris Cornell and Timbaland (the one with the mp3s), is the most popular entry on ¡VLM! since it's creation. Combined the tracks have been downloaded nearly 1800 times, and to my knowledge it's been linked to by:
NY Magazine's Right-Click
Stereogum
The Official Foo Fighters Forum (in their section on non-Foo related stuff)
And a number of other blogs and such (my tracker only goes back about a week). So to everyone who's linked to that page, and are reading this now in one form or other, welcome!
So, I decided not to post Day 2 of Virgin Music Fest, primarily 'cause I'm gonna wait and see what the other guys I'm going with (among them Matt from Addicted to Vinyl...don't know if I mentioned that) are seeing and might suggest/insist I see. So there's that. But I am gonna post something else that's kind of awesome. Coldplay came through Philadelphia last week, and their tour has been getting press for all kinds of reason good and bad. THe two biggest stories have had to do with the two free shows they put on, one in Brixton in their homeland across the pond, and one in New York City. I am happy to report that below is a link to hear the complete Brixton show from earlier this summer.
If you're knowledge of Coldplay's live show consists primarily of their Live 2003 album, I highly reccomend this so you can clear that from your system. The stuff on Live sounded kinda tired and worn out, most likely because they'd played "Clocks" and "Yellow" about as many times as we had heard it on the radio, so thus both parties were sick of the tracks. Across the board Coldplay sound rejuvenated in this Brixton show. Chris Martin is genuinely joking and laughing with both the audience (who are thrilled to be seeing Britain's new darlings for free) and the rest of his band. The new songs sound as brilliant as they do on the record, and even the classics have a new breath of fresh air about them, like seeing an old friend for the first time since moving out of town. My only complaint is the lack of Viva La Vida ender "Death And All His Friends", which i think would make one hell of a way to end a show. Regardless, if you have or are going to see Coldplay in the near future, I encourage you to give this set a listen. I have three preview tracks posted and the zip file is at the end. I will post individual tracks upon request.
Coldplay Live At Brixton June 16th, 2008
Intro
Life in Technicolor
Violet Hill
Clocks
In My Place
Viva La Vida
Chinese Sleep Chant
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
42
Square One
Trouble
Lost!
Strawberry Swing
Interlude
Yellow
If I Should Fall From Grace With God [Pogues Cover w/ Will Champion on vocals]
Fix You
Lovers in Japan
Complete Concert Here [via Mediafire].
==TJ==
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment