Saturday, August 16, 2008

VLM Charts: Week of August 16

Thanks to the wonders of last.fm, and a longstanding desire to do something like this, I'm launching a weekly play chart on ¡Viva La Mainstream! The chart consists of the top 10 songs I played on either my iPod or iTunes each week. Every Saturday at noon(ish), I'm going to take the "Last 7 Days" stats from last.fm for individual tracks, and use that as the data for the charts. This weeks numbers aren't terribly interesting, but cut me a break, it's my first time out.










.

This WeekLast WeekWeeks On (C)Weeks On (T)Artist - Song TitlePlays This Week (Last.fm)Total Plays (iTunes)Purchase Link

.

1N/A11Jack's Mannequin - The Resolution58iTunes

.

2N/A11Foo Fighters - Cold Day In The Sun*510iTunes

.

3N/A11Paramore - Misery Business325iTunes

.

4N/A11Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline314iTunes

.

5N/A11Stone Temple Pilots - Down22iTunes

.

6N/A11Radiohead - Creep218iTunes

.

7N/A11Paramore - For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic213iTunes

.

8N/A11Stone Temple Pilots - Wicked Garden22iTunes

.

9N/A11Gin Blossoms - Found Out About You222iTunes

.

10N/A11Radiohead - Karma Police210iTunes

Weeks On (C)= # Consecutive Weeks on Chart
Weeks On (T)= # Weeks on Chart Total
*=Certain listings include multiple versions of a song (ie live and studio tracks). The chart reflects total plays for both versions.

As you can see this week was still very centered on stuff from Virgin Festival, but the new Jack's Mannequin song "The Resolution" ultimately took the top spot (mostly on the grounds that there was only one version of said track) So there you go. This'll get more interesting as time passes. This first one was just confirming that I can in fact make it happen.

==TJ==

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

interesting....I listen to so much album stuff, and not single tracks...so it would be hard for me to put together a weekly list like this!!