Friday, January 4, 2008

Dave Grohl to Drum for Led Zeppelin?

For the last 4 months anytime anybody breathed the words "Led Zeppelin" the whole world stopped to listen. I could right now start a rumor that said that Led Zeppelin was going to do an intergalactic tour that kicked off tomorrow on Jupiter and there's a good chance it would get picked up by someone. There's been more bullshit surrounding this than any real fact; first they're reuniting, now its a one-off. A source says they're headlining Bonnaroo, two more say they aren't, then three say they are. I've been trying to avoid it simply because I'm not the world's biggest Zeppelin fan, but the one I read yesterday is too much to let pass.

WMMR here in Philadelphia picked up a story from a site called gigwise.com that suggested that if/when the Zep decide to tour, the man behind the drum kit would be none other than Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl.

(I know a bunch of people probably stopped reading right here and are chalking this up to my neverending love of the Foo, but I'm not making this up. Read it here.)

British newspapers are saying that Grohl was on the list to take over for the late John Bonham on drums for their O2 show in December, but the spot ended up going to Bonham's son, Jason. They go on to say that Grohl would drop anything Foo Fighters related for a chance to play with Led Zeppelin. The Foo Fighters camp have not responded to these rumors, and as expected, reps for Zeppelin have been equally silent.

I'm not saying that its a good idea for this to happen, but damn it if it isn't the coolest bit to come across my computer screen all week. If I had to make a call, I would say that someone will debunk this story by early next week, but either way the story is awesome.

Back later today with a breakdown of the Top 40.

Foo Fighters - Another Round (feat. John Paul Jones) [iTunes]

Currently Listening: Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused [iTunes]
(this news made me decide to give them another shot)

==TJ==

No comments: